Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Finds: Burning The Candle

Last night I posted a picture of a sconce (on Twitter and Instagram) that  I had recently added in our master bedroom...and posed the question: "What's wrong with this picture?"


The answer? The wicks had not been lit/burned. The only reference I have for this de rigeur decorating advice is that it came from Miss Betty. And Miss Betty knew...about almost everything. Some attribute it to superstition and others (probably more rightly) say that in days of old it indicated that a family wasn't afraid to spend the money and use their candles. Whatever the reason, I do think it looks better. More "lived in."
Same room, but evening light vs. day light
The room's color is closer to the picture on the left, as is the color of the candles.

Found a super post online about it on the A Taste of Mind blog. Click here to read it. 

What are your thoughts? Do you like candles? Do you use them? I do...and before we had a generator, actually looked forward to the occasional power outage, so I could return to the glow of days of old...

As you can see, my house is ready to glow at a moment's notice... And if you are a candle lover like I, make sure you have a good candle snuffer, too. You don't want wax flying everywhere!!









Cheers!
Liz







1 comment:

  1. I absolutely use my candles. Very, very frequently.

    ReplyDelete