Thursday, February 16, 2017

Back In Business

Dear Readers,

Dear Husband is doing REALLY well in his pre-surgery treatments and I am ready to celebrate that AND get back to writing on a regular basis for The Classic Preppy.

As we have moved through the past two months, it has been such a blessing to be in this "new" house of ours. Downsizing was the absolute perfect move for us (excuse the pun!) and managing his care has been so much easier, now that I don't have to manage a big house.

We have gotten rid of a ton of stuff...and worked with a professional organizer to move through disconnecting with some of the sentiment and emotion that came with a lot of our inherited things. I know that a lot of you are in the same place in your lives. As we reach our 40's, 50's and 60's and parents pass away, we are deluged with an enormous amount of furniture, decorative pieces, family photos, etc. It is overwhelming.

I am here to help! Well...not really I...but my friend, Peter Walsh. I don't know Peter personally, but I feel like he's my friend. We had a lovely chat over the phone twelve years ago, when he was doing the TLC show, Clean Sweep. I was chairing a benefit auction that year and thought an autographed copy of his first book would be a tremendous draw. I emailed Peter in care of the show and he telephoned me, to tell me how delighted he would be to participate. He immediately mailed me a signed book and it was a huge hit!

I think I have all of Peter's books, either in print or on Kindle or Audible. I cannot recommend them highly enough. He just released his newest this week...and it is all about DOWNSIZING!! Just got it on Audible...and love it (as I knew I would).

Decided to do a giveaway for my readers, so if you would like one for your Kindle, simply follow me on Twitter to enter the sweepstakes! It will end on March 2 (my birthday!)...and here's hoping that YOU are the lucky winner...

CLICK HERE TO ENTER VIA AMAZON.COM

GOOD LUCK!

Cheers,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment