Sunday, November 13, 2016

Day Thirteen: Wedding In Roanoke

Day 13: Describe your ancestors’ wedding. Study marriage certificates, wedding banns and photos, and contemporary clothing and rituals to fill in details.




My parents/ancestors had the most interesting wedding. As you have read in past posts, Betty and Allen had a very long courtship and their marriage was most unusual as well. This past September, I made a pilgrimage to the site(s) of their special day and it was one of the most wonderful weekends I have spent in a long time.

I linked to it the other day as well, but please click here to read more about the wedding of Martha Elizabeth Isbell and Allen Dotson Steele. I have gone back and updated/rewritten that post to fulfill today's writing prompt!

More tomorrow!

Cheers,
Liz




No comments:

Post a Comment