Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Find




The sorting and organizing continues.  I am uncovering treasure after treasure...working hard, but having so much fun!

I found this clipping in a box of papers that came from my grandmother and great-aunt. They died in 2000 and 1999 respectively...at 101 and 105. So, you can imagine how much stuff they left behind!

No date on this, but I am judging from the clipping's condition it is probably from the 1930's or 40's??  I wonder which of my ancestors clipped and kept this? What were they thinking at the time?

Funny how the sentiment still applies today...even more so!! Read the second verse about the civilized debate between the haves and have nots of society.  Our current culture is so polarized...and we have been led like sheep to this way of behavior.  In my opinion, our leadership ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE need to do better.  Much better.

Have a great weekend, all!


Cheers...
Liz












Update:  Looks like 1938 was when this poem was featured in the syndicated newspaper column. Love, love, LOVE my subscription to Newspapers.com!

It's pretty clear what was being talked about/debated in 1938...and obviously there was a desire for a more civilized debate even then.

How sad those who read this in 1938 would be to see how we tear each other down for sport these days...


1 comment: