Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts: The Good, The Bad And The Delicious

Today was a new beginning for me.  A recommitment to healthy eating and exercise.  Good breakfast, off to work with a personal trainer for a "refresher course," and a healthy salad for lunch...

Photo from the Popcorners website.
Then there was the bag of Popcorners.

My 17 year old daughter turned me on to these on a recent JetBlue flight...and she returned with some from the grocery store yesterday, as a "surprise."  Ha!  The surprise will be on her when she gets home from school today, because I have had way more of these divine little munchies than I should have....and that's not an April Fool's joke, either.

Have you tried them?  They are DELICIOUS...and addictive.  The "Kettle" variety is my favorite, and actually, the nutrition info is not bad at all.  Five servings per bag at 120 calories per serving. Total fat 3.5 grams, 21 grams of carbs and only 2 grams of sugar.  They even have 2 grams of protein. I just find it hard not to eat more than one serving. My bad!!!

So, off the store I go...to replace the bag that has only crumbs in it at this point.  I didn't eat the whole thing, but I certainly had more than one serving!

I gave up soft drinks/sodas for Lent and that's going well.  Thank goodness I didn't try to give up Popcorners.  How about YOU?  Anything you find in your kitchen that's hard to resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment