Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thoughts On Travel

Whew!  What a busy March it's been!!

So sorry for being away from the blog for so long, but I've logged a lot of miles this month, and visited some places that were internet/cellphone free zones.  It was great!  It's good to be "off the grid" sometimes...

Spring is technically here, although you wouldn't know it by the weather in Richmond, Virginia.  I am happy to say my time this month has been spent in Florida, the Bahamas and in the amazing city of New Orleans, where the weather has been practically perfect!

I'll tell you more about my travels later this week, but in the meantime, check out the website for the Tennessee Williams Festival This is a don't miss event!!  It's what I was part of during my trip to the Big Easy, and it was "beyond fabulous!"  I went to support my dear friend, the marvelous actress and star of CBS-TV's The Young and the Restless, Judith Chapman (who was appearing at the festival in her one-woman show Vivien).


We hit the ground running on our first day in town with interviews at CBS New Orleans!

At the opening night party with the super talented Ellen Johnson, director of PR for the festival.
Turns out that Ellen's college roommate (and dear friend) is one of my friends in Richmond.  Small world!!

The set for Vivien at the historic Le Petit Theatre de Vieux Carre in the French Quarter.
The larger set pieces in the background were utilized for Vivien and for the production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
Although I retired from professional theatre work many, many years ago,
it was fun to jump back in and work with Judith and the team.

Judith as Vivien with Paul Willis and Janet DuVal of the Tennessee Williams Festival.
Janet also serves on the board of Le Petit Theatre.  Both Paul and Janet are so talented
and they graciously welcomed us to their precious city!

Our hotel, the Monteleone.  
We spent a lot of time walking all around the city, and loved being near the water.
(I especially loved Cafe Du Monde and their famous beignets!)



Friday night there was a small dinner party at Dickie Brennan's Tableau.  Mr. Brennan was so gracious, and I don't think I've ever been to a dinner with more fascinating people.  The woman across the table from me was the unbelievably talented Academy Award nominee, Diane Ladd.  She and her husband were so interesting, and I had the privilege of seeing her again the next day, just before her performance.  She has a very special connection to the festival in that Tom ("Tennessee") Williams was her cousin!

More tomorrow.....

Cheers!
Liz


1 comment: