Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Matters: Mindful Moments

Sorry to have been away.  A lot was happening last week, and a dear friend found out that her husband was sick and dying.  He passed away this morning. Somehow blogging didn't seem very important.

I've been thinking more and more about "being in the moment" and "being mindful."  So much of my time, for business and person reasons, is spent with technology.  As I was thinking about what I might want to "give up for Lent" it came to me that perhaps a weekly "fast" from technology would be beneficial.  Not sure what form this will take, but I will let you know.

Speaking of Lent, if you haven't seen The Bible series on TV (by Mark Burnett and Roma Downey), do yourself a favor and go see Son of God.  It is wonderful.  A simple, clear telling of the Gospel and God's love for the world in sending His Son, Jesus, to save us from our sin.  Everyone in the theatre sat there through the credits and finally, when the lights came back up, we rose and walked out in silence.  It was so powerful.  Highly recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment