Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Finds: Fabulous Friends

One of the many things that I love about life is that one continues to make new friends.  I have a wonderful new friend that I met last spring, someone who lives an elegant and gracious life and is influencing others to do so as well.  I won't mention my friend's name, but I will tell you how she "made my week" this week.

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you felt like you were running downhill....picking up speed, never sure if you were going to keep your balance or trip and roll the rest of the way down? Well, it's been one of those weeks for me.  Not a bad week, but a busy one...which greatly impacted my ability to post here.

Last night, after returning from a Vestry meeting, I found a box at my front door.  I immediately recognized the return address, but could not remember ordering anything.  It's my favorite store, so I started to wonder if I had just forgotten something... Then I opened it.






It was completely unexpected.  This sweet new friend, whom I had helped in the smallest of ways, had sent me a beautiful frame as a thank you gift....with a precious enclosure card calling me a "picture perfect" friend.  She shouldn't have done it, because when I say what I did was "small"...I really mean it.  I didn't do anything deserving of a gift from Tiffany's!


I have several ideas about where the frame could go...because I am obsessed with picture frames.
This table in my library might be a good spot...
The one place I haven't put frames is on the top of my piano...usually because I have the lid up when I am playing.
However, this picture from Holly Holden's "Pretty and Proper Living Room" inspires me!!!
(Photo courtesy Holly Holden/The Pretty and Proper Living Room book.)

The kindness and thoughtfulness of people blows me away sometimes.  Just last week I received a box of gourmet chocolates from Maison Robert in Atlanta...another thank you from a friend.  Her enclosure card was equally as precious.  I've kept letters and notes from friends over the past years and have them pinned on a bulletin board over the desk in my office.  They are dear missives, indeed....but represent only a fraction of the dearness of these friends.

I am so thankful for my friends, and for the opportunities that God has continually given me to connect with people.  I hope I encourage them in life.... I KNOW they encourage me!  They are the ballast that keeps my crazy ship of life steady in the water and I am eternally grateful.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Cheers,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment