Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday Trends

First of all, a disclaimer:  I am not a trendy person.  I do not follow trends. I do not care for trends. The adjective "trendy" drives me crazy.  Not to hard to figure that out about me, as I am the CLASSIC Preppy! LOL

I believe the classics are always "on trend"...but I must admit that I am grateful when a trend brings something back (even if I never considered it to be gone).  As you can tell my some of my posts over the past few years, I love to entertain.  I know, I know...I DON'T like to cook....But hey!....That's why God made caterers, right?

One of the things I like to do most is host "Dessert and Discussion" parties.  This can be a Bible study, a book club meeting, a political forum...you name it.  The food is always easy to get together and the drinks are a breeze.  And there must be punch!

Miss Betty used to make her punch in the kitchen and have it served to her guests in a beautiful sterling silver pitcher.  Her sterling julep cups are one of my favorite things...but I take a different route to my punch...preferring to use my mother-in-law's glass punchbowl and exquisite silver ladle.  Just had it out over the holidays, putting it to real use! That party had guests of all ages, so the recipe had no alcohol.  It is my favorite punch...North Carolina Sweet Tea Punch...and the recipe is super simple: Sweet tea, pineapple juice and ginger ale.  Fill the bowl with ice and float some lemon slices on top.  Easy-peasy.

When reading one of my favorite local blogs (The Gracious Posse), I learned that punch bowls were making a comeback.  Thanks, Alison and Ellen for spreading the news!  You all will love their article (and their blog) and you can find it here.


1 comment:

  1. Great picture, Liz. We are adding it and your Sweet Tea Punch recipe to The Gracious Posse's Feeling Punchy Pinterest board. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete