Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Find: Worth Watching

I played hooky yesterday afternoon and went to see The Christmas Candle, and I am so glad I did!

Make this part of your holiday season.... You won't regret it.  (And remember, this is Susan Boyle's first attempt at acting.  She tries, but she does look a bit uncomfortable during much of the movie, just like Carrie Underwood did in The Sound of Music. But, like Carrie, she has a wonderful voice...and her rendition of the show's theme song is amazing! (December 8th UPDATE: Susan Boyle has just come out with an announcement.  She has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. Not sure if that affected her acting or not, but I think her statement about her condition was beautiful.  It's here.)

Merry Christmas!  This is the season of the birth of our Lord and Savior.  If there ever was a time to believe in miracles...candle or no candle...this is it!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will surely put it on my list. There are far too few movies like this in the world these days. I can't wait to see it. And I'll be pulling for Susan Boyle as well! Merry Merry, Frances

    ReplyDelete