Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday Thoughts: Better Late Than Never

Technically, it's almost Wednesday, but I wanted to share this.  It will be a brief post.  Don't want to say too much.  You need to make up your own mind.

As readers of this blog know, I watch Downton Abbey online as it's shown in the UK.  So, I have completed Series 4 as of this week.  (There is still the Christmas episode to come.)  Here is what I can say, without being too spoilerish.

1.  The costumes were lovely this season.  Award-winning.  Especially the last episode (at the fair/festival).  And that's the best thing I have to say about the shows this year.

2.  Much of the season (episode 4 on) was dark and, in one instance, extremely violent.  It turned me off completely.

3.  I hate to say it, but for me, Downton Abbey has "jumped the shark."  I wish they had concluded it last season.  The final episode of this season had some good things happen, but I simply no longer cared.  Julian Fellowes took the wrong fork in the road this year.  There were some interesting (and handsome!) new characters, but only one or two showed any promise in the new storyline...

4.  Be warned....There are very specific things written about the series online, so don't do any Googling if you don't want any spoilers.  (Re: #2 above.... There are people in the UK boycotting the series because of this.)

If you watch it in January, let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment