Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Sermon: A Man Called Peter

If you have never seen it before, I urge you to rent, buy or borrow the wonderful film A Man Called Peter.  Better yet, read the book!   It is by Catherine Marshall, and it's all about her life and the life of her husband, the Rev. Peter Marshall.  Rev. Marshall was an amazing man of God and many of his sermons were excerpted from the movie.

This book and film have a special meaning for me, for Catherine was one of Miss Betty's dearest friends.  I grew up knowing her, and it was because of Catherine and her life that I was inspired to attend her alma mater for college. Her son Peter, who passed away a few years ago, was a dear friend...and the family's legacy continues this day through the work of her granddaughter, Mary Elizabeth Marshall.  I will write more about the Marshall family in later posts, but for now...a little glimpse into this amazing work:


No comments:

Post a Comment