Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Matinee: Austen Obsessed

I don't know that you will find a bigger Jane Austen fan than yours truly.  Yes, I must confess, it is an obsession.  Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma and Persuasion are my absolute favorites, but Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey are right up there as well. So I have been waiting with bated breath for Austenland to come to a theatre in Richmond.  Its reviews had been fair, not outstanding... but that was of little consequence to me.  Each has his or her own opinion. Nothing was going to keep me away.  Yesterday it premiered, and I was there to see it.

It was glorious... Lighthearted, funny and touching...with a few twists and turns that I wasn't expecting. I HIGHLY recommend it to you...and I am going back today with Older Daughter, who is also an Austen fan, and who will be home from grad school for the weekend.

Austenland will definitely be in my DVD collection when it's released that way, but in the meantime, try to find it in a movie theatre near you.  It is a treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment