Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday Miracles: Letting Go

Not much time to blog today...more clearing, cleaning and decluttering!  Wow!!  We've gotten a lot done, but we have a lot more to do.

I have really been thinking about my life in the last few days/weeks and how much "stuff" one needs to have.  More specifically, how much stuff one needs to keep.  I have a lot of inherited items...from the ridiculous to the sublime, but they are weighing me down.  For five years I have felt guilty about letting go...especially hearing Miss Betty's voice in my head, saying... "You are doing WHAT?  Getting rid of my _____? How can you??"

The thing that has released me is this scripture:

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  Matthew 6:19-21

So, Miss Betty, I hope you will forgive me... I have to live MY life, and not yours.  I know these things will be blessings to others as they go on their way... Your things may not always be in my house, but you will be in my heart forever.

See you all tomorrow... Cheers, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment