Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Musings: The Pretty and Proper Contest

Good morning!  I am so excited about this week!!  Each day we will cover a different aspect of The Pretty and Proper Living Room and at the end of the week, I will have a drawing (thanks to Random.org) and one of you will receive a copy as a gift from the author...  So, let the fun begin!
Photo courtesy Holly Holden
The Pretty and Proper Living Room
Please do not reproduce/republish.

One of the things I am absolutely loving about PPLR is that the author is not afraid to say what is incorrect and what the correct (best option) thing to do is.  She calls these the "Forbidden Faux Pas." You may click on the picture to the right to see more.  (*Please note that this is simply a picture I took while reading the book.)

To enter the contest, you may:

1. Leave a comment on a post any day this week. One comment per day, per person.  But, if you comment every day, then you will have five entries (chances to win)!  The contest will run until Friday at 11:59pm EDT and I will announce the winner on Saturday.

2. Tweet me @ClassicPreppy with the word "Enter."  This is an additional way to enter the contest!  One tweet per person please.  You don't have to "follow me" to have this count, but I would love it if you did!!

3. I will be creating a special Facebook event for the contest and you may enter there, by joining the event.

So, there are a lot of ways to win!  Ready, set, go!!!




9 comments:

  1. If you follow this book and do what it says then I'd say it is pretty wonderful as your style is pretty perfect! I'm sure I do many things that are incorrect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely cannot wait to get this book!!!

    "Rules" and "standards!! Hooray!!!

    sometimes I despair we are losing them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book! I am off to check out the The Pretty and Proper Living Room website! Thanks for sharing and the giveaway! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. To those that do not know Holly or have not seen her amazing home, trust us. You want this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To those that do not know Holly or have not seen her house, just trust us, her taste is amazing and there will be much inspiration in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To those who do not know Holly, just trust us. You want this book. Her taste and instincts for gracious living are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If one has no small porcelain figurines with which to garnish a serving platter should one go out in search of an appropriately small number?

    ReplyDelete
  8. If one does not have any porcelain figurines with which to garnish a serving platter should one go out in search of an appropriately small number?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out Tuesday's post! It's all about finding what we already have, but might not be using! (I had two precious porcelain figurines that were my grandmothers tucked way back in a cabinet in a guest room. They will be perfect to use as Holly suggested!! Had never thought about that before...) Cheers, Liz

      Delete