Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Finds

I find, on this particular Friday, that I have a lot to do.....so this will be a very short post, but one that I know you will find interesting.

Photo courtesy of NYSD.com
(from the collection of Lou Frazer)
Those of you who have been reading The Classic Preppy for awhile know that a few years ago my friend, Lou, asked my advice on the preservation of his grandmother's scrapbooks.  (Historic preservation and genealogy are my "things.") When he told me what was in those scrapbooks, I knew I had to put him in touch with my other friend, Clemmer Mayhew, a magnificent writer and historian.  We had a wonderful lunch and a series on NewYorkSocialDiary.com was born.  I think the latest entry will be one you will definitely want to see. Click here to visit Palm Beach (with the Duke and Duchess of Windsor) and Charleston.

For those of you who love Palm Beach, but might not have been blessed to be around in the 50's, 60's and 70's, here's a glimpse of the South Florida I grew up in and around.  Back when there was more of an authenticity to it...and certainly a lot more land....

Enjoy!
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Look at her Jack Rogers ;) These women are timeless. I love everything about this picture. Thank you so much for posting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many things I love about this post. Obsessed!

    ReplyDelete