Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Terrific Tuesday: A Vibrant Life

Photo courtesy annieselke.com
Today I'd like you to meet the absolutely amazing Annie Selke!  You probably are familiar with Annie already, through her marvelous companies, Pine Cone Hill and Dash and Albert Rugs.  I had the pleasure of meeting Annie this fall, when I heard her speak at a benefit here in Richmond.  She was so inspirational...and entertaining!















Her book, Fresh American Spaces, featured in the right column as a Classic Preppy Suggestion, is a must have.  I promise....it will make your day brighter and give you all kinds of wonderful ideas to suit your decorating style!




This is a great video of highlights from the actual presentation I attended!



Annie's book covers many different styles and answers a variety of questions about collections, groupings, placement of pictures, etc.  I have found it to be so helpful in curating what I already have, and making good decisions about what to add.


Photo courtesy Annie Selke Co.
You all know my love of books.....It's like I have "literary kudzu" taking over my house!  Check out the amazing bedroom below, featured in Fresh American Spaces...It was made for me!!


One of my favorite sections of the book is a trick for hanging pictures....and doing it not only creatively, but doing it "right" the first time!!  If you look behind most of my pictures, there are about five nail holes, where there should be only one.  Annie has changed my life...and saved my walls.

Have a vibrant, colorful day!  Go visit Annie's websites!!!  Cheers... Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment