Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Musings: McGuire

Today's is the first post of five that will cover interior design legends and personal choices and growth.  (The growth usually come from the less than optimal choices, that have to be redone!)

As we start the week, I want to start with some of my favorite pieces, my McGuire rattan.  If you are not familiar with McGuire, please visit their website by clicking here.  It is truly a legendary company.

Miss Betty bought her McGuire sofas, chair, ottoman and table when I was a little girl.....and she loved them until the day she died!  I was blessed to have inherited them and they are still lovely.  When I get the chance, I will share some other "vintage" McGuire pieces with you.....They are amazing.  But for now, here's a walk down memory lane with the sofa!


Circa 1964...I am the girls with the Band-Aid on her leg!

Circa 1985...My father on the left, with his best friend.

In one of Miss Betty's condos, circa 2001
 

In my lower level living room, just before recovering, 2013.




1 comment:

  1. I have a McGuire table and chairs for the kitchen. My mother bought them in 1980 and they are still perfect. The chairs are green and I have recovered the cushions a few times. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete