Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Musings: Living A Beautiful Life

If you are just signing back in today, please read Sunday's post on the passing of the great and glorious Lilly McKim Pulitzer Rousseau. I will write more about Lilly at the end of the week, but in the meantime will dedicate this week's posts about amazing women to her.  Lilly's legacy will live on in glorious color....

Today I wanted to share a few thoughts about another extraordinary woman, whose books have been in my library since I was a young woman myself. Her name is Alexandra Stoddard.
Alexandra Stoddard



     

All pictures courtesy alexandrastoddard.com

You might have some of her books yourself....or you might have heard her speak....or be familiar with her work with McMillen, Inc., where she was the protégée of Eleanor McMillen Brown. (More on Mrs. Brown next week...)  No matter how you are introduced to Ms. Stoddard, you'll be a fan forever!

Why don't you join me in having a "beautiful life" day today?  I am going to get out my sweet Crane's engraved notes (with my signature starfish), uncap one of my favorite pens and sit at the desk in my sitting room with a cup of tea, writing to at least one person.  With what seems like absolute madness in the world all around us at times, won't it be nice to pay attention to some of the smaller things that have made life so enjoyable for generations of women (and men!) before us? 







In closing, here is Ms. Stoddard, in her own words....talking about living life....and paying attention to the details and process of life....not just the available technology!She's really on to something...and if you want to know more, her books are available (signed by the author) on her website.



1 comment:

  1. I have read her books as well. There are some that I gave to friends when I felt that the situation they were going through needed some inspiration and her books were just the thing.

    ReplyDelete