Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Carolyne in the City....of Charleston!

Chilton House ~ Charleston, South Carolina

Read more about Carolyne Roehm's new adventure in Charleston here and here. I know she will love Charleston and Charleston will love her!  As a "welcome to South Carolina" gift, I have sent her a copy of Mrs. Whaley and Her Charleston Garden, which in my mind is the Bible of Charleston gardening!  Sadly, I never did have the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Whaley (pronounced "Miz Whaley," of course), but my mother and grandmother certainly enjoyed their time with her.


If you have been reading my blog for awhile you will know how important gardens are to my family....and can double click on the article above to read about my grandmother's last garden tour.  She welcomed visitors to Ragsdale House on the Greenville Council of Garden Clubs' 1999 Garden Tour when she was 100!

Ms. Roehm is doing some amazing things in her Charleston garden.  Check out the tree planting project in the photo below and by clicking here...

Photos courtesy of carolyneroehm.com




No comments:

Post a Comment