Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Musings: Family (Genealogy)

Hi! My name is Liz and I am a Genealogy-aholic.



Preppies love family. Most of us can recite our ancestors at least a few generations back, and many of us spend our "down time" researching to find out more. I have been interested in genealogy since I was a young adult, and was blessed to have inherited the wonderful work my great-aunt had done (starting in the 1930's, when it was a real challenge). I am a huge fan of Family Tree Maker, my database of choice, and just as big of fan of their companion site Ancestry.com.  And I have to admit....I am one of those people who knows exactly how much time is left before the 1940 US Census documents are released (7 days!!).  I am a genealogy nerd.  I admit it.

What about you?  Do you enjoy researching your family, going through old photos, asking questions of your "older" family members?  It's a lot of fun...and you can get hooked easily.  Be warned!

One thing I am very grateful for is that I am living in the day and age of technology and online research/collaboration.  Think about all that we can do at the click of an icon....things that used to take forever.

Just to make your Monday a happy one, I have added this adorable video of what technology might have done for our founding fathers back in the day..... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment