Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Classic Preppy Returns (And So Does Downton Abbey!)

Sorry to have been away so long....our vacation was wonderful, with the exception of the motherboard of my laptop deciding to have problems.  So, off it went to Dell (and off I went to look at Mac Books)....

It should be back today, and I am planning all kinds of wonderful things to write in the future.  I can't believe this blog will celebrate its second birthday on the 29th of this month!

So, to offer you something VERY special to make up for my absence.....this is a Downton Abbey inspired post.  Every year the BBC does a wonderful Comedy Relief benefit.  This year's included a tremendous "take-off" on our own Downtown Abbey.  It is priceless.... Watch closely and you will see all kinds of familiar faces (Kim Cattrall from Sex and the City, Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley from Absolutely Fabulous, and lots of other faces from movies such as Bridget Jones' Diary, Four Weddings and a Funeral, etc.)

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Liz





PS. I was delighted to see one of my favorite BBC reality stars at the end of Part 2. Her name is Kim Woodburn, and she and Aggie MacKenzie starred in a BBC hit show called How Clean Is Your House.  They would go into the most incredible hoards/messes and transform them.  To see her in action click here.  Warning: It's a pretty awful mess.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those videos are so funny! Thanks for sharing :) I love Downtown Abbey.

    ReplyDelete