Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts: December Dates




December is a wonderful month....but it holds two very sad dates for me, December 10th and 19th...the days on which my parents died.  Miss Betty went to heaven on December 10th (2008), just two days short of her 85th birthday, which was yesterday.  My Dad departed December 19th (1998), just days short of his 85th birthday on January 1st.







Many people focus on death dates, but I don't....I like birthdays as remembrances much better.  Although it is sad to lose a parent at Christmas time, I am so thankful that their birthdays are also during the holiday season.  Makes for such happy memories!




Here's to you, Mom and Dad!  Love you and miss you....

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of your Mama and Daddy! I think it's wonderful that you are celebrating their birth dates. I know that it is hard 'cuz my Daddy passed away 14 years ago and I was always a "Daddy's girl"! I still miss him...especially on his birth date and death date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Miss Janice. I also know because I lost my father 6 years ago next month. I still miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear this- my grandfather died on Christmas day 11 years ago this year and it makes the day very bittersweet for my mom and her family. Those are wonderful pictures and it's nice to keep them in your heart during the Christmas celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Betty was beautiful. You are the image of her! Remember the happy days.

    ReplyDelete