Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: Manners And More

Happy Birthday, Emily Post!  You have made such a difference in the lives of so many.  Long may you (and your books) reign!!!

 Photo courtesy Albuquerque Cotillion/Facebook

The reason I started The Classic Preppy was to blog/write about etiquette and "marvelous manners" for children.  Some time ago, a friend and I had developed the Practice Makes Perfect Placemat and I had written a workbook for the children's classes I taught....I thought it might be fun to share those things online, and thus, The Classic Preppy!  Well, I got so much great response to my introductory articles, Miss Betty stories and other things, I still haven't gotten around to the original plan...but that's coming soon.

In the meantime, I want to point you to a darling Facebook page that's all about "marvelous manners".....The Albuquerque Cotillion.  You can find it here: www.facebook.com/AlbuquerqueCotillion.  Check it out! 

Also, check out this great modern-day article on Tiffany's Table Manners for Teenagers.  That is the book on which my etiquette course for Tiffany and Co. was based!

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Emily Post and Amy Vanderbilt. BTW, Maryland Pink and Green is needing some info about restaurants in the Delray Beach area. I told her to contact you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article! I look forward to reading your articles on manners for children. I want my 7-year-old son to grow up to be a gentleman.

    Best,
    Jenny in Ft. Lauderdale

    ReplyDelete