Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday: A Day Off

Oooh!  It's been a busy week.  Decided to run by CVS and get my flu shot yesterday while Younger Daughter was at dance, and today my arm hurt a little (typical for me), so I decided to use it as an excuse to relax and catch up on some DVR recordings.

I am completely and totally obsessed with Antenna TV.  It's like TCM for television.  Although it's programmed for early morning hours, one of my favorite shows is recorded every night and I have so enjoyed seeing episodes I have never seen before.  Starring one of my favorite actresses....one of the most brilliant women to ever be on a stage or on celluloid....Shirley Booth..... the show is, of course, Hazel.  The Antenna TV schedule has just rolled back around to the very first season (shot in black and white) and those episodes are priceless!  (If you need to catch up, they are also available on Netflix.)

This intro is from a later season, but I just love it.....Always wanted a miniature car when I was little!



Excuse me, please, but I need to get back to my friend, Hazel! Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Liz

Just found two little "holiday" segments on YouTube that will give you a preview:
(For those of you who know me...Yes!....I am just like Mrs. Johnson in the first episode. And all
three segments are on YouTube if you want to watch either episode in its entirety.)



No comments:

Post a Comment