Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday Wishes: A Powerful Day

Well....to be quite honest, it was a day lacking in power for the most part.  We are still without, but are patiently waiting, thankful to have a generator that does the basics (including TV/cable/internet)!

I decided that I needed to get out today...and because I am not at my "best" (no hairdryer), I thought a darkened movie theatre might be just the ticket! (Pardon the pun.)

The trailer for The Debt has fascinated me for quite awhile now, and luckily today was opening day.  So there I was, in the audience for the first showing.

I. Was. Blown. Away.

Not sure what else to say, except that it (from the first five minutes on) is a VERY intense movie.  VERY.  Let me repeat.  VERY INTENSE.  But...it is one of the smartest, most well-crafted films I have seen in a VERY long time as well.  Go....you won't regret it.  Just plan to have some quiet time afterwards to "catch your breath."  I felt like I could hardly breathe as I left the theatre.....but I am so glad that's how I chose to spend today.



PS.  I didn't realize until just a moment ago that the actress who played Celia Foote in The Help, is also the actress that plays the lead (young Helen Mirren) in The Debt.  Remember her....Jessica Chastain......I think we will be seeing a lot more of this amazingly talented young woman in the future!!

2 comments:

  1. My husband has been trying to interest me in that but I told him it was too dark for me. Do you think I'll enjoy it or just be absolutely "wrung" out? Let me know. LOVE< LOVE Your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very intense....I told my husband that if Hitchcock were living today, his films would be like this. As a matter of fact, it reminded me a bit of Hitchcock's "Torn Curtain." Set in the same time period....

    It is so beautifully written and crafted....I would encourage you to see it, but you will be a little wrung out afterwards. I was. It was worth it!

    Thanks for your kind comments about the blog!!

    Cheers... Liz

    ReplyDelete