Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday Weekend Update


Had a great weekend in North Georgia.....some of which was spent rocking on the upper deck of this incredible boathouse on one of my favorite lakes.  The picture below is of the view from said rocking chair.  A little piece of heaven on earth!!


The graduation was flawless....gorgeous evening and a stadium full of proud parents and friends! I was so proud of my cousins...both the graduate and his marvelous mom....They are two of my favorite folks.


On this trip, I not only spent time with precious family, I made lots of new friends, too! One of the places I went with those new friends (besides that gorgeous lake!) was the always amazing Dillard House.  I hadn't been there since I was a child.  It was one of my parents' favorite places and we would drive over from Highlands (North Carolina) for lunch.  It is Southern cooking at its very finest, and I just love it that when they take you to your table, your food is there.  There is no "ordering"....it's all set out for you, and there is a lot to choose from.  I have never had pole beans that were that good in my life!!

We ended the day with an early evening boat ride and returned home tired, but so happy.  More wonderful conversation, that lasted late into the night....and then it was off to the airport the next day.  Had a perfect flight back home and was greeted by Dear Husband and both daughters, who then took me out to dinner.  Life just doesn't get any better!!!....The only downside to the weekend was that there were friends and family in the area (metro Atlanta and northeast Georgia) that I didn't get to see.  I am going back for sure....and soon....so I hope to make up for that!!

2 comments:

  1. Clearly it was a wonderful weekend away, I love the boathouse! Having your husband and daughters take you out for dinner sounds so delightful, and it looks yumalicious!

    Sending you a smile Miss Preppy,
    tp

    ReplyDelete