Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Whirlwind Wednesday: Back From L.A. And On To More Adventures

Hi!  Had a marvelous time in the LA area last Thursday through Monday.  Took the red-eye back and arrived home Tuesday at 5:30am.  Needless to say, I hit the hay as soon as I walked through the door!!

Will be writing more later....because now I am unpacking and repacking, heading off again at the crack of dawn on Friday.  This trip will be a road trip and will encompass four states.  Going to be seeing lots of family again, and am super excited!

For your reading pleasure today, be sure to check out the fabulous article (click here) on the Stork Club in today's New York Social Diary.  The Stork Club and El Morocco were two of Miss Betty's favorite places when she lived in New York in her 20's. (Click here to learn more about El Morocco!) She and her sister, Frances, who also moved there, seemed to have the most marvelous social life...just like something you'd see in a classic movie on TCM!  Although I don't have any pictures of them in nightclubs together, I do have this great picture from their trip on the Queen Elizabeth in 1951.  I love the days when people "dressed for dinner," don't you?


It was my late Aunt Frances' son and his family, that I went to see in California.  There just aren't words enough to tell you what a good time I had, but I will try to do some justice to it when I write about it tomorrow!

Cheers!
Liz

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun in LA! I'm from SoCal, and just love going back to visit.

    ReplyDelete