Thursday, May 5, 2011

Traditional Thursday: The Baby Carriage/Pram

My mother had a beautiful English baby carriage/perambulator ("pram"), when my brother and I were little....which then was loaned to a dear friend, but never returned. How I wish I had it when my babies came along! I thought about buying a new one, but in the early 90's they were still about $1000 and since I lived in a place with no sidewalks, I just couldn't rationalize having one. I will tell you this, though....when I have grandchildren, it's the first thing I am going to buy! 




Judging from past royal choices, I am sure Kate and William will have a pram when their time comes along. And it will most likely be from Silver Cross. Don't you just love their prams? I do!





P.S.  I just had to add a couple of other pictures from my early days in Virginia Beach, because those who "push the pram," whether parents or caregivers can often become a very special part of a child's life....After all, theirs are the faces we see as a baby....the faces that show us love.  These pictures include my infant-toddler BFF, Alice.  Actually, Alice and her husband, Earl, were my buddies from birth until I was almost 3, and we left Virginia Beach.  My memories are few, but precious, because I clearly remember their warmth, kindness and love.

5 comments:

  1. love the pram! such a classic style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest, Rachael, was born in England and I had one of these prams. What the heck was I thinking by not bringing it back? By the way, is Miss Alice still living?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the prams, alas we didn't have one for our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathie....We had lost touch with Alice some years after leaving Virginia, but she probably has passed away. She would be in her 90's now... Mom and I tried finding her when we visited Virginia Beach and couldn't. She and Earl were so good to me...It's amazing what you can remember from so very long ago....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the prams! Fabulous photos:)

    ReplyDelete