Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday: River City Edition

Good morning! Just got back from my walk.....4.5 miles. I can't believe I walked that far. This is a whole new world for me and I am loving it (and feeling better than I have in years!!).

Today I set out, not sure where I would venture, and I found myself walking in the direction of my old house on Monument Avenue. I made it all the way there and back! 1 hour and 20 minutes, since I am not fast....but a good walk in beautiful weather.

Have you ever been to Richmond? These two young men produced the funniest video about it and featured my old neighborhood! The two houses you see pictured at the middle of the video, when they talk about living on Monument are my former neighbors. I was so excited that my good friend Susan's house was featured (the Mediterranean house)....It's lovely!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. As a former Richmonder, I loved watching the video. I think I lived on (or very close to) your block on Monument. My apartment after college was 2602, one building in from the corner of Robinson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. We have similar videos on our blog (at the bottom) some William and Mary students did about "living in the burg" and "building the city."

    Darryl and Ruth : )

    ReplyDelete