Monday, April 18, 2011

Marvelous Monday: On A Mission!

This past weekend I was on a mission.  A mission to find an ice crusher. Yes, it seems a silly thing, but I love, love, LOVE crushed ice, and I was determined to find something that would do the job at home.  I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond (with my 20% off coupon in hand) to look at this, although the reviews it received weren't very encouraging.  It wasn't too expensive, and I thought that even if it got me through the summer, it would be ok.

As hard as I looked, I couldn't find it....and I did the Bed, Bath and Beyond "circle" a couple of times.


I was in what I thought would be the best location for said ice crusher when I saw this. On the front of it was a big label that said, "CRUSHES ICE."  I was hooked.....Well, actually Younger Daughter was hooked, because she noticed that said machine also had individual travel cups which would let you blend a smoothie-to-go.  Healthy breakfasts!  It was getting better and better!!  At $69.99 it was more than I wanted to spend, but I had my coupon, so up to the register we went.  The cashier was very excited to see us, and said, "Oh! You are getting one of those!  They are great...and they have a $20 rebate on them right now!" 



So for less than the retail cost of the original item, I got a multi-purpose machine......and it makes the BEST crushed ice.  (I went home and made a Skinnygirl margarita just to test it out.  It worked just fine!!)

1 comment:

  1. one of my best friends is crazy about crushed ice so i'll have to let her know about this!

    ReplyDelete