Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday Treat : J'Adore Hermes

I love, love, LOVE Hermes!!  You may remember my tweeting about one of my trips to see friends in Florida, arriving only to find this amazing Hermes scarf waiting for me in the guest room, with a lovely "welcome home" note propped up against the iconic orange bag....


I went back to Florida a couple of weeks ago, and you better believe I was wearing my precious scarf!


I may not be one of the world's largest Hermes collectors, but I am one of their biggest fans. I am blessed to have some scarves, a scarf ring and a belt with a beautiful buckle.....and 24 Faubourg is my signature scent. More importantly, I have unlimited respect for the workmanship that goes into each and every one of their designs.  Those of you who love Hermes scarves might enjoy this video from their YouTube channel showing how the "hand-rolled hems" are actually done....



Cheers!
Liz

3 comments:

  1. That's quite the " welcome home" gift! The scarf is beautiful. I am over due for an orange box! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that a few of the artisans will be doing demonstrations at Tysons Corner sometime in the next week or two. If you're up that way, you may want to pop in. Wearing your scarf, of course. (Check DC Magazine online to be sure of the date.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the colors in that!! i'm new to blogging and just found yours! i like! please stop by!

    ReplyDelete