Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Safari


I don't usually post on the weekend, but I just had to share this recently received picture from Ralph Lauren.  Don't you just love their new leather Safari Camp Chair?  I do!  Reminds me of the old days of safari outfitting, when Abercrombie and Fitch was the epitome of elegance and was the place to go to buy a pith helmet or a beautifully constructed tent.  (One thing that Miss Betty threw away when she sold our Florida house was my dad's pith helmet.  Oh, how I wish I still had it!!)  These days, there are places like J.L. Powell, which can outfit you nicely.....

The days of elegant outdoor travel and living are dwindling down to a lingering few, but they still exist.  Come on this beautiful virtual "vintage safari" with me today! (Video from Vintage Safari's YouTube channel.  I don't know anything about this company, and this is not a recommendation....but their trips look fascinating!)



Watch for another special edition post tomorrow....when I will explain some of the changes in themes/posts that are upcoming!

Have a great weekend....

Cheers!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment