Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday Theme (Song) : Part 2

This post is dedicated to my friend, Kathie and her fantastic blog, The Hillbilly Debutante.  Kathie is feeling good these days....and she is ahead of schedule for 2011, which makes me completely jealous!

Last Tuesday I wrote about my 2011 "theme song"....an all time favorite, reinterpreted and recorded by one of my all time favorite artists, the amazing Jennifer Hudson.

In case you missed Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve special.....Here is Jennifer, introducing her new song (and her fabulous new self)!  As a Lifetime Weight Watchers member myself (lapsed, but back on plan), I am proud to be part of her group!   Take a couple of minutes to watch this video...She is AMAZING! 


1 comment:

  1. First of all that is an incredible song sung by an even more incredible person. I admire Jennifer Hudson so much. First of all, she didn't even win American Idol her year - but you never heard her whine. She just did her 'thang' anyway. I am so proud of the person she has become (listen to me - you'd think I live next door to her the way I talk about her).

    It feels 'good' to feel good again. I am sure my own decision to stop complaining and stop letting one era of my life define me has played a major part in my 'recovery.'

    Life is good!!

    Second of all, I am so thankful for the blessing of having you and my blog friends in my life. Meeting you and now staying in touch with you has been a real highlight. Keep the stories of Miss Betty coming. They really do inspire me, and there are 'relapses' when I want to ask you, if Miss Betty had gone through this, how would she have handled it? What would she have done?

    I, like you, am a 'Colonial Dame', and there are times I've had to sit myself down and say, "Look, none of this matters. You come from one of the finest and oldest families in this country. They've overcome many obstacles, and this is just another one of those obstacles. No one can take my dignity, or who I am unless I choose to give it to them."

    From what I understand of Miss Betty, I just know that is what she would tell me.

    ReplyDelete