Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday: Extra Edition...Read All About It


Go as quickly as you can, and see The King's Speech.  It is perfection.....such an amazing film!!

Oh..... and a little bit of a bonus is the brief but lovely scene that Colin Firth has with Jennifer Ehle, who plays Geoffrey Rush's wife.  It is a reunion of Mr. Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennett of sorts, and I am so glad that they had just a tiny bit of onscreen time together.  Unfortunately, it's not in the trailer...(Another Pride and Prejudice star is also in The King's Speech.  Look for the scene where Lionel Logue auditions for Richard III.  The director/casting director is played by David Bamber, whose portrayal of the absolutely awful Mr. Collins was classic!)

2 comments:

  1. We are both so eager to see this film, it's great to see your post!

    Sending you hopes and wishes for a fabulous 2011,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED The King's Speech. But now I'm going to have to see it again to note the BBC Pride and Prejudice connections you pointed out, as that is one of my all-time favorite movies (I didn't even see the movie version of Pride and Prejudice because I was certain it couldn't compare to my standard).

    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. My mother will be delighted to learn that I have another Agnes Scott reader! She is quite a loyal alumna, and I regret that I didn't give ASC more consideration when I chose a college (I thought I wanted to go further away from home - I regret that in some ways because I never made it back to Atlanta as I'd intended!).

    I look forward to following your blog and getting to know you better. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete