Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Memories

Two years ago today, Miss Betty went to heaven.  She had been in the hospital for a month after having a stroke and breaking her hip, but they released her to come home on December 9th and she was able to be at home for 24 hours before she truly "went home."

In the late afternoon of the 9th, I was decorating the tree that would greet Miss Betty when the ambulance brought her back.  As I was putting the finishing touches on everything, this song came on the radio and the ambulance pulled up.   As the song played, I thought about turning it off, so it wouldn't become engraved in my mind as something that brought up a sad memory, but I didn't.  True enough, it has been a bit of a tearjerker in the past, but this Christmas season, all I can think of are all the happy memories that she created for our family over the years, and it fills me with joy!

Today, I thought I would share it with you....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I didn't realize that she had left you so close to Christmas. I wonder what she would think about the fact that after all these years you are doing this stranged thing called 'blogging' and so many strangers can't wait for the next story about her life.

    ReplyDelete