Monday, November 22, 2010

Tea Time Thoughts and A Change In Blogging Days

Wow!  What a week last week.... Just when I thought things were calming down, I had a horrible computer problem and when they took my computer back to its original settings, we realized my back up external hard drive also had problems.....so I lost a lot of email.  Oh, well....I had been meaning to clean out my inbox anyway!!

Long story short, I am back on track and now preparing for my Thanksgiving guests and Christmas.  We are hosting five separate Christmas gatherings here at our house and attending many others.  One of my favorite things to do (which I am doing on December 12th) is host a tea.  This will be a tea for about 50 people and although I did fine last year with my great-grandmother's service and extra tea pots, there was a lot of back and forth to the kitchen.  This year I decided to invest in a tea urn, which is so exciting, because it is the same Reed and Barton silver pattern my great-aunt gave me when I was married.  I think it will do a lovely job, since it holds 25 cups of tea!!


It is always tricky making tea in larger quantities, so I decided a little video review was in order.....and no one knows more about making tea than the British!



Now, for the title of the post.....

I have decided that it's time for a change in blogging day titles. I have heard from so many of you that you want to hear more stories about "Miss Betty" that I have decided to change Madras Monday to Miss Betty Monday and change the themes of the other days as well.  I will probably post once more this week before company comes, but next week I will be back five days a week.....so be sure to check back in then and see all the changes!

Cheers!
Liz
The Classic Preppy

1 comment:

  1. YEA!!! More Miss Betty - we want lots of pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete