Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday: Quick (Virtual) Trip Back Home

How exciting to read Augustus Clemmer Mayhew's article in The New York Social Diary today!  As I mentioned in Monday's post, I had lunch with Mr. Mayhew and some other friends when I was home in Delray Beach and got caught up on all that was happening in Delray and Palm Beach.  Some weeks earlier, he and I had been emailing about "old Delray" and commiserating over the loss of many precious landmarks in the past 10-20 years.  Clemmer captures old Florida perfectly and I have linked to the article at the bottom of this post.

My family with Mr. and Mrs. Koch, Sr. and Jr. I was taking the picture, 
but wish that I had asked someone else to so that all of us could have been in it!

Other dear friends we spent time with at home were the Koch family.  Mrs. Koch was Miss Betty's very best friend in Delray...and the Kochs are my "other family" at home.  This was the first time we had all been together since my mother passed away and it was a little sad for both of us to be there without her.....but we had such  a grand time visiting and catching up.  How much fun to see Mr. Koch featured in today's NYSD column!  It's a "don't miss" read.....especially if you like polo.  Gulfstream (which is at the north end of Delray Beach) is famous for its decades of the best polo matches ever!

Read the NYSD column here!

1 comment: