Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tired Tuesday

We're back....and it was a wonderful trip!  Now it's time to get Older Daughter ready to go back to college tomorrow.  More (including pictures!) about the trip soon....  In the meantime....

I love picnics and was so excited to read the latest feature from Charlotte Moss about elegant picnic-ing!  Click here for more:  Charlotte Moss

One of the items featured at the very bottom of Ms. Moss' article is this super portable picnic table, which folds into the little suitcase sized item on the left of the photo.


It is available at Orvis, and I almost ordered it there....but then I went to Picnic-Basket.com and found the same table for $30 less.  The Classic Preppy loves a good deal, so that's where I am placing my order!

Picnics have such a special meaning to me.  My mother ("Miss Betty") hosted the most wonderful picnics on the beach in Delray Beach when I was growing up (much like the picnics that Lilly Pulitzer writes about in her book).  Later there were picnics in the park, picnics on trips to the mountains, etc.  I have always been a "spread a blanket and eat sitting on the ground" type of girl, so this table will be a fun change.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment