Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Think Pink": The Dog Days Of Summer

The only thing pink about this post is the border around the videos below!  We're not even going to talk about the "Dog Days of Summer," although if they are truly the hottest days of summer, we have been in them for awhile.

Today we are going to talk about "soundtracks."  Soundtracks and musical theatre albums have always been my favorite.  When Dear Husband and I were married 21 years ago and merged our massive record/CD collections, there were no duplicates.  His were mainstream music and mine were soundtracks, big band and a little tiny bit of rock thrown in for good measure.

One thing I have never understood about soundtracks is why they so often do NOT include the song that becomes what is identified with the movie in its trailer.  One good example of this is The Dog Days Are Over, the fabulous song featured in the trailer for Eat, Pray, Love. 



I have the Eat, Pray, Love movie soundtrack (courtesy of an easy I-tunes download) and really love it....but the trailer's song is missing!!!!  Good news, though.... In this day and age, it's no longer a big deal. I just downloaded it from I-Tunes as well and added it to my Eat, Pray, Love playlist.

For those of you who might like to hear the whole song (and see the band's video) it's here:

No comments:

Post a Comment