Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday: Checking In

We are having so much fun...and there is so little time to blog!  Thought I would catch you up on all that's been happening.

Last Wednesday...Auto Train to Florida.

Thursday-Saturday: Surprise trip to Disney World for Older and Younger Daughter...hosted by Dear Niece (and Disney expert!) We stayed at the Contemporary, which I have wanted to do since I first went at age 12 in 1971!  We did Hollywood Studios, the Magic Kingdom and Epcot...and I stayed out (and active) til 2:30am!
Their youthful enthusiasm was contagious!!








Saturday-today: First return trip "home" to Delray Beach since Miss Betty died.  That was kind of hard...and we had to pack a lot into four days.  Usually we are there for four weeks!  Saw my brother and sister-in-law, both nieces...and....my best friend from growing up!










My dear friend and I have not really been able to spend any length of time in the same place in 10+ years...so this was such a treat and such a delight!! It made the trip very special for me....and it made it seem like Miss Betty, was there, too....with her good friend, Kathleen.  You see, my dear friend lost her sweet mother recently, too.  (Side note: You can read more about our story here.)




Finally...this is a little video I took for my two buddies pictured above.  We are all crazy about the Goodyear Blimp and it flew right past our suite this afternoon...twice! (We are now in Ft. Lauderdale...more on that later!)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great trip. I bet Miss Betty was there with you, smiling. Enjoy the remainder of you trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blimp video Auntie Liz! We saw it at our villa this afternoon too. J&W

    ReplyDelete