Monday, July 19, 2010

Madras Monday: Precious Places

So much to do, to unpack from Colorado and repack for Florida....I think I will put off posting pics and trip details for when I have time to do a "proper" job of it!

In the meantime, I was thinking about how this summer was really the summer of "Precious Places"...because in this one summer I have been blessed to be able to spend time in three places that have been precious to me since I was a child.  There have been other places, all over the world, where I have spent time and which I also love....but these Precious Places are the ones I come back to and feel the same as I did when I first saw them 40 plus years ago.

My Top Three Precious Places That I Am Revisiting This Summer:
1. Delray Beach and Palm Beach.  Where I grew up...."Home." (see www.historicdelray.org)
2. Estes Park, Colorado (see www.mcgrawranch.com)
3. Colonial Williamsburg (been going there, on and off, since I was two years old, and still feel a thrill when I am walking down Duke of Gloucester Street!)

What are your Precious Places? 

4 comments:

  1. I love Maine! I also love the Jersey Shore. Naples Florida rocks and I'm a fan of South Africa
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides Scottsboro, AL, which is my home, I love Williamsburg and Maine. I never tire of going to either place. I will be in Williamsburg in a few weeks. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long Island in the summer where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love STL as well as Hilton Head!

    ReplyDelete