Thursday, June 17, 2010

Traditional Thursday: The Tea Table

I am a real "throwback" in many ways.....I love the way things were done in the 30's, 40's, and 50's....into the early 60's.  People dressed to travel (as well as for church), ladies wore hats and gloves (men wore hats!), and people were polite....not to just their peers, but to those who waited on them in stores.  Shopping was an event, and you returned home with items in beautiful packages, not just thrown into plastic bags.

I also am a huge tea fan....It's my drink of choice, hot or cold, and when I have friends over for a "visit"....It is usually for tea!  This past Christmas time, we had a big party and called it an afternoon "Advent Tea".....so much fun!

Here's one of my favorite videos, on the traditional tea table:

No comments:

Post a Comment