Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Think Pink" Tuesday: A Pink Tradition

Ok.....maybe it's a "tacky tradition".....but you have to love the pink flamingo!  I am crazy about them....little pink flamingo ornaments on my Christmas tree, pink flamingos on stationery, etc.   I even have one yard flamingo, although it is used as a decoration in the playroom and not featured in the yard!

I felt sad when I heard the original pink flamingo manufacturers (Don Featherstone) were no longer going to make them, but look what I found....a company who bought the last of the original stock and has if for sale.  Check it out!

Pink flamingos just make me happy!  Have a great day....Think Pink!!!!

5 comments:

  1. My daddy and mother and their friends had a stash of at least 40 flamingos and would put them in each other's yards to be funny. I'll have to see how many she still has. xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I've always like pink yard flamingos. My mother thinks they are tacky, for some odd reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're really funny! Especially for a party or something! I have something flamingo in my post for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I a member of the Pink Flamingo Ladies Club in my neighborhood. Whenever someone is hosting bookclub or cocktails, the big pink flamingo goes in their front yard! I love the pink flamingo and of course, pick up little flamingo-motif goodies for hostess gifts whenever I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the pink birdies! Have you heard of "flamingoing" someone's yard?! People do it for birthdays or as a joke. How funny would that be!???? Cheers! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete