Sunday, June 27, 2010

Madras Monday: Family Memories

Monday is Younger Daughter's Birthday and we are spending the second of two days back in Williamsburg.  Today (Sunday) the girls spent the afternoon at Busch Gardens, while I went to Jamestown, Yorktown and Colonial Williamsburg.  Monday will be more Colonial Williamsburg as well as another trip back to the outlets (with our coupons)! Since we'll be celebrating all day, I won't have time to blog...... Happy Birthday, little one!!

Family is so precious to me...both blood kin and those friends that are closer than most blood kin could ever be.  Today I want to honor one of my "sisters"....a friend who has been there for me through thick and thin.  What really makes us family is that our mothers were best friends from the age of 3 years on. That's 81+ years of friendship!  Miss Betty's best friend was Patricia.....and Pat's daughter, Judith, is one of my very dearest friends.

 
Miss Betty and Patricia


Liz and Judith


Judith may look familiar to you....She is an amazing actress who has done tons of TV and movies.  Currently she is starring in CBS Television's "The Young and the Restless," where she plays Gloria.



As I write this post, on Sunday night, Judith is off to the Daytime Emmy Awards.  She always has the best stories about her times at award shows like this, and she is always voted one of the Best Dressed attendees.  I'll check for video later, but here's an earlier show clip in the meantime.... where she mentions her parents and being a "Southern girl"......Have fun, Judy! Wish I was there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment