Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Think Pink Tuesday: "In the Pink"

One of my favorite quotations is this:

"I always think out a problem as clearly as possible, and then act on it. My theory has always been to get started. The moment I get an idea I act upon it. If only people would act on more of their ideas, I am convinced they would lead more interesting lives."
- Dorothy Draper


Truer words have never been spoken.  I just love Dorothy Draper....and if you are not familiar with her work, you should be.

In past posts I have written about my obsession with books.  It's true.....and especially those that are referred to as "coffee table" books.  The coffee table in my library is actually the only surface that is clear.  Every other surface is covered with books or picture frames!

One of my favorite books is In The Pink, which is all about the fabulous Dorothy Draper!  It is an investment book, to be sure, but it is worth the price.  (Actually, I got mine from Amazon.com from one of their vendors.  It was a "used" book, but looked like it had never been touched, and I purchased it for about half the price!)

Other go-to books, written by the lady herself are these:

                                       Entertaining Is Fun  and  Decorating Is Fun

If you want to experience the Draper legacy yourself, you can always visit The Greenbrier!
Her legacy truly lives on there......

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fabulous book, I may need to check it out! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete