Saturday, May 1, 2010

Silly Saturday: Preppy Crafts

When Preppies talks about a craft, they tend to mean their sailboat, or perhaps, if they are into power boats, their  Chris Craft.

There are some traditional preppy activities that might be termed "crafts" I suppose....such as needlepoint.....but they have been limited in the past.  Lately, however, I have seen some amazing new creations, that I would not really call crafts, because they are so much more!  If you haven't seen Hopsy's terrific aprons, bulletin boards, etc on her site, Monograms and Manicures and in her Etsy shop, you should check them out!

Perhaps it's just my lack of talent.....  For although I am not into crafts, both daughters have always loved visiting Ben Franklin's and buying art supplies to create a variety of things.  My photo albums are very simple...photos with simple captions in black ink, mounted on plain white pages in slip sleeves (all on archival quality paper, so they'll last through other preppy generations, of course). I guess the only place I get a little creative is with this blog!

Here's a fun video I found online, when I searched for "pink and green."  The infomercial for the Cricut has always intrigued me, and even it is pink and green!  Check it out....

2 comments:

  1. The video is so funny! Happy Derby Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my pink cricut! I use it for scrapbooking and other crafty projects around my house.

    It's addictive!

    ReplyDelete