Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Well....I am giving my family a Memorial Day weekend they are never going to forget. It is going to be a three day cleaning festival. This is going to make "Spring Cleaning" look like a walk in the park...but our house definitely needs it. As a matter of fact, I have decided my life definitely needs it. I have house clutter, body clutter (some extra weight), even computer clutter. So, for the last couple of days, I have been cleaning out computer files, photo files, etc.....and when an email popped up telling me it was time for one of my favorite magazines to automatically renew (it expires in September!)....I took one look at the high price they wanted to charge and said "NO!"

One click......cancelled subscription, and am getting $5 refund.

Next click..... on to Amazon.com, where I found the same magazine and a subscription rate of $10 for TWO YEARS. (This magazine's own website offers new subscribers a $10 rate for the first year subscription.)

Final click.....over here to tell you about it.

If this was a charity or worthy cause, I wouldn't mind the cost being hiked....but it's not. It's a magazine I have subscribed to all my adult life (a loooooooong time) and with magazines tanking every day (because there is so much good stuff online), they need to get their prices in line.  I think I am being optimistic signing up for another two years!!

Better run....We are starting early. Let the cleaning begin! See you on Tuesday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how the magazine will change since Pamela Fiori is retiring.

    ReplyDelete