Monday, May 17, 2010

Madras Monday: Recovery Mode


Whew!  Quite a weekend....Loooooong drive to Northeastern Maryland (just a couple of miles from Delaware and Pennsylvania actually) and back.  Spent time in Fair Hill for the 50th Colonial Highland Gathering, as Younger Daughter was dancing again.  (Fair Hill has a very interesting history....It was owned by the DuPont family and is still the training ground for racing champions!)


Younger Daughter was pretty nervous, because there were so many people in her category....almost twice as many as normal.  She didn't think she would even place....but she did beautifully.  Out of her four dances (Highland Fling, Sword Dance, Sean Triubhas, and Scottish Lilt) she received a 1st Place in three of them...and the trophy for Overall Best Dancer.

This is a pic I posted on Twitter on Friday night, when we got to the hotel.  I was trying to put my feet up....but then there was a tornado warning! I couldn't believe it.... We had to stay dressed in case we had to run downstairs to the lobby.  It was a horrible thunderstorm, but luckily no tornado showed up.

Today, once again, I am going to try to "put my feet up" for awhile and rest.  I am tired!


Not a very flattering angle, but thought it fit the theme for today.  Have a great Madras Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I love the madras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you didn't have any tornadoes!! Love your madras pants today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter!!

    Love the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the madras!!

    P.S. I left you an award on my blog. Hope you have a fantastic week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your daughter. I love those pants.

    ReplyDelete