Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Find: Can't Do Without

Yesterday was awesome....Spent all day (at various locations) working on my genealogy.  Dug up all kinds of interesting ancestors (pardon the pun) and now am working on re-proving the line of descent.  Sometimes older genealogy work makes guesses and leaps of faith that just don't prove true...

In any case, yesterday just made me realize all the more how I love my Canon portable scanner.  Yes, it seems like a silly thing to write about....but this thing is amazing.  It's small, flat and powered off the computer through a USB port.   I just put it on the table in the library, plug it in and I'm off!  No walking back and forth and spending lots of money at the copy machine. I just put the book on it, scan and save to my pictures or documents files.  I love this baby!!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't even know they made such a device.

    How fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know this existed! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so lucky my mother has already done all this work... however, I really should scan all the documents, put on a flash drive and put in our safety deposit box. God forbid anything should happen to our old documents!

    ReplyDelete